2018 PARKER PIKE NONPROFIT MARKETING SCHOLARSHIP
The San Diego Chapter of the American Marketing Association (AMA San Diego) and Chamber of Purpose will award $1,000+ to a San Diego County college student who has demonstrated exemplary application of business and marketing practices to help a local, regional or national nonprofit organization that is a legally recognized, 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization. This act of service should be related to the 2018 conference theme, “Power in Purpose: Advancing the New World of Cause + Commerce.” The scholarship will be presented at the 20th Annual Cause Conference, to be held October 11-12, 2018.
The scholarship is named for Parker Pike, a cause and nonprofit marketing champion with a dedicated career in teaching marketing, developing community partnerships between companies and nonprofits, and supporting AMA San Diego and Chamber of Purpose.
THE PURPOSE OF THE SCHOLARSHIP IS TO:
- Increase awareness and use of effective marketing strategies in the nonprofit community.
- Provide an incentive for college students to apply acquired skills to the nonprofit sector.
- Demonstrate the power of community marketing partnerships that can help nonprofits achieve their social mission and develop sustainable relationships that can support their bottom line.
- Completed scholarship application form
- One letter of recommendation from college/ university instructor or from nonprofit leader or staff member who is familiar with applicant’s work and contribution.
The scholarship is available to all college students, undergraduate and graduate level, attending a San Diego County college, university or extension program, part-time or full time. The support of the nonprofit can come in the form of a job, internship or volunteer opportunity.
Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Leadership and creativity in the application of marketing strategies that achieve measurable success.
- Resourcefulness in strengthening an existing marketing program or plan.
- Problem solving skills by helping a nonprofit(s) meet a current need or future opportunity.
TELL A FRIEND
Spread the word about this amazing opportunity. Email this flyer to a friend or spread the word on Twitter:
Complete the online application. Recommendation letter and any additional documents should be emailed in a single response to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recommendation letter and any additional documents should be emailed in a single response to: email@example.com
- Deadline is September 24, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. PDT
- The winner will be notified via phone by a selection committee member
- The winner will be invited to attend and be recognized at the 2018 Cause Conference Reception on October 11, 2018 at National University (Spectrum Center campus)
- Questions: (619) 402-7825